Friday, August 19, 2005

Map out the window

When I was 16, my 17 year old brother, my 14 year old sister, and 7 year old sister took a road trip to Disneyland. That was before I5 connected all the way south.

My brother was checking the map. There was no AC so his window was down. He had the map very close to the window and the paper map was rattling in the wind. I asked him to close the window or move the map. Being a typical big brother he held the map closer to the window.

A giant chunk of the map ripped off and hit the car behind us right on the front windshield, of course the driver's side.

There was pandimonium on the road. Cars honking, swerving - it was chaos. My siblings were laughing hysterically, while I freaked out!

Truly the only thing I could think to do was speed up and get out of the way of all the very angry drivers behind me. It took hours and several asprin befor I was totally back to normal.

Lori Bailey's Vacation Summer 1975

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home