Friday, August 19, 2005

Montana Move

I moved from California to Montana with a two year old, my trusty dog, and a car that overheated so I could only drive at night. The car was old and cranky. I had to pack it three times to get the load light enough to go over the mountains. Do you know how hard it is to get a motel room in the morning? I would show up with my daughter and dog after driving all night, they just feel so sorry for. They would even let my dog stay in the room. When we got to Yellowstone National Park, I told my daughter we would start seeing lots of animals. I didn't see one, but my daughter did. She got so excited, "Look, Mommy, a hippopotamus. My, Yellowstone had changed since I had been there as a little girl. We made all the way to my grandparents house in Billings Montana in four days with only one boil over. On to the next adventure.

Lee Gasnick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home